Sunday 29 September 2013

Birthday Wine Tasting

My birthday was back in August, but I thought I'd share some photos of my birthday weekend in Niagara. I absolutely love the Niagara region, but it especially captures my heart in August. August is when the peaches are ripe, and little peach stands dot the back country roads. The vines are brimming with all the different grape varietals, and everything is lush and green.

For my birthday, my parents, Chris and I went on a little afternoon, early-evening visit to some wineries. Instead of going to Niagara-on-the-Lake, where we always seem to end up, we decided to drive in the opposite direction and visit Jordan/Beamsville/Vineland/Pelham. We visited Henry of Pelham, Calamus, and Flat Rock Cellars (earlier in the day Chris and I visited Featherstone in Vineland too!). My favourite was Flat Rock Cellars, where we enjoyed our tasting and finished off the evening on the veranda over-looking the vines, with a beautiful cheese-plate to share.


1 comment: