Sunday 29 September 2013

Courtney and Camellia take Toronto

Courtney and Camellia came to Toronto for the weekend to celebrate Court's new job and my 27th! We kicked things off with wine and prezzies at my place. I gave Court Sheryl Sandberg's book, "Lean In", which is arguably one of the most influential books I've ever read. I think it's a must-read for any career-oriented woman! Court gave me a beautiful silver bracelet and nail polish, and Cam gave me some loose-leaf David's tea! Love these girls. After getting dolled up we walked over to Museum Tavern on Bloor. We celebrated with carefully-chosen cocktails served in tiki cups, steak frites, duck pierogies, and white fish tostadas. Yummm. You can never go wrong with Museum Tavern. After dinner we walked over to Yorkville for dessert and coffee at Ciao Wine Bar and some cocktails at a nearby patio. Since it was the opening weekend of the Toronto International Film Festival (tiff), Yorkville was packed with people. We saw Mark McEwan (the chef commonly on the Food Network, who owns Bymark and North 44 in Toronto), but no other celeb sightings.


The next morning we headed over to Wish for brunch. While Wish is my favourite restaurant in Toronto, it seriously disappointed me this time - first my pork hash was barely edible, and then the replacement dish (a standard breakfast) was served on a very dirty plate. Needless to say our waitress was very apologetic and gave me the brunch for free, but I was so disappointed with my fave place! C'mon Wish, smarten up. 



Court and Cam shared the Nutella french toast as a side dish! Looked so yum.



We spent the rest of the afternoon walking around, shopping, and people-watching. We saw Lala Anthony at Holt Renfrew, and then walked over to Yorkville for some champagne, molten chocolate, and macarons at Moroco Chocolat. The perfect girls weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment