Friday 6 September 2013

April & Heather's NY Adventures - part 2

Since April had spent a lot of moolah and had taken the time to visit me in NYC, I wanted to do something really special for her. I booked us a sun-set sailboat excursion that departed from Chelsea Piers, and would take us on a tour past the Statue of Liberty and give us stunningly gorgeous views of lower Manhattan.



Dressed in our nautical gear, we headed onto the beautiful replica of a 1890s schnooner. We made friends with the skippers, who were aspiring Broadway stars, as they hoisted the thick canvas sails and welcomed us all aboard. They offered us all wine or beer, and drinks in hand, the boat departed Chelsea Pier.




The skyline of Manhattan is pretty cool, especially with the newly erected Freedom Tower (which we had visited earlier in the day).



Unfortunately for me, within five minutes I felt the motion sickness coming on. I go on boats so infrequently that I always seem to forget how bad motion sickness is, and how horribly I feel it. Let this post be a reminder of how bad I feel on boats.

In the spirit of keeping things positive on this little blog though, let's look at pictures of April having a grand ole time...





And let's not forget the beee-autiful Lady Liberty herself....



 The ride lasted about two hours, and even though I was about to throw up if my eyes left the horizon, it was still pretty. Plus April made friends with a drunken 75 year old man who loved telling her about his life in Florida, watching NASA rocket ships take off. Ha. Good times on the boat.

We asked a guy who was a "photographer" to take our picture in front of Lady Liberty. This is what we got. Thanks buddy.
Putting on a brave face!

Ellis Island
We finished the night off at Lucky's Diner, across the street from my condo. I had bacon and eggs, while April feasted on cheesecake and mozzerella sticks...at the same time! You go girl.

1 comment:

  1. ROARING with laughter right now. Hahahaha awwww good times on the boat (for me).

    ReplyDelete