Tuesday 14 May 2013

The Trifecta.

Today was a great day for three reasons: 1) a new hairstyle/haircut; 2) pedis in Yorkville; and 3) a trip to Taqueria for some crispy shrimp tacos.

dd3411aabcb911e2b7f822000a1fb726_7ba91cb7ebcb911e2934e22000aa800af_74fe21502bcc511e2b56022000a9f1354_7

I’m really savouring these next few days of complete and utter freedom – not working, not studying, just doing my thing and enjoying the freeeezing cold frigid May weather (not.). I decided to go Swedish blond at Haartek, and my poor stylist had her work cut out for her (literally), trying to fix the impromptu chop I did to my hair Saturday night. She ended up going a lot shorter than I had wanted, but I like it – it’s different, and Chris thinks I look like Veronica Mars haha. I drank way too many gratis cappuccinos, and had a good laugh when the 75-year-old Italian woman who was whipping them up for me said “don’t worry, you won’t get shaky! I only shake when I DANCEEEEE!!!!” and started shaking it. Loved her. With my new “NYC” hair, I headed home for some tea and home-made guacamole. My apartment went down to 15 degrees today (well below the legal minimums for temperature in Toronto), so I’ve been trying to spend minimal time here and be out as much as possible.

Before meeting Serpy for pedicures at K Nails & Spa in Yorkville, I picked up a button-down from Banana Republic and browsed the Winners on Bloor. I opted for the hot pink OPI, while Serpy chose a more coral-red for her upcoming trip to the Dominican. Lucky girl! As our toes were drying, I was thinking of inviting Serpy for tacos, when she said “wanna go for tacos at that place by your house?” Um…yes psychic-child, I do. Weird. I chose my go-to favourite – crispy shimp, while Serpy picked the barbacoa beef taco. Yum! It’s days like this that I think I could totally get used to being a housewife sans kids, living the life of luxury…

No comments:

Post a Comment