Wednesday 31 July 2013

Home Sweet Home!

Being back in Toronto is a dream! Seriously, I'm in love with this city...and my life in this city. Here's a quick peek at what's been going on since I've been back:

- Enjoying Summerlicious with Chris' parents at The Fifth Grille (such a fun night)



- Brunching with Yvonne at Insomnia (accidental twins, as per usual)


- Drinking fruity sangria with Meghan as we look through her Domino home decor book

- Meeting Karen, Ben, and Meghan at C'est What for Huggie Bears and beer

- Gazing at this pretty view all day



 - Trying hard to stretch my work wardrobe by creating new work outfits every day (never wear the same thing twice!)
 
- Doing some home improvement projects with Chris

- Watching Kendra and Maxx tear it up on the soccer field


Of note, I have not been shopping in Toronto since I've been back. I came home from NY and almost had a heart attack after seeing how many clothes I own. My goal is not to buy any clothes (except gear for our upcoming trip to Newfoundland), until September. Think I can do it? No more Winners or Marshall's trips. I think I went a tad crazy in NY and after exams, and have enough clothes for a lifetime. Can't believe I just typed that, ha!

I'm also trying to curb my spending a bit, since in NY, I was a bit loose with my wallet. No more mani-pedis for me (when I can do it at home), and no more random coffees daily. My only expense this month has been the subway, and lunches (which I buy at the Petit Four bakery in the food court, and which total $14/day). That seems like a lot, and it is...but it's my only real expense, so I can justify it that way :) I'm saving more than I'm spending, so that's a positive for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment